Monday, February 9, 2009

First Scribe Post YAY!

Well it's a new semester, a new physics class, and a new BLOG! Its only been a week of classes and yet it feels like I've been learning these subjects since forever. Do you guys have that feeling? Well I hope so, its such a nice bubbly feeling inside! (Heh...)

Anyhoo, lets get to what happened today:

1) We handed in a worksheet. I believe it was the one the sub on Friday gave us with 7 questions on it. If you did not hand it in, I would suggest handing it in ASAP. It is for marks you know. If you weren't here today, I'm sure Ms. K will let you hand it in tomorrow without any deductions, because she's cool like that.... right?

2) Ms. K gave us the answers to the worksheets we were given on the 4th. If you didn't get the right answer, I would suggest trying it again and figuring it out yourself. If that fails you can always ask the someone who sits beside you or around you. As a last resort, consult with Ms. K. Alrighty? Well here are the answers:

Acceleration Worksheet (One with the falling rock as the first question):

1. 4.6 s

2. 2.8 m/s

3. 6.93 s

4. .591 m/s

5. 78 m

6. 21.4 m/s

7. 24 m/s

8. a) 2.9 s b) 28 m/s

9. a) 693 m b) 252 m/s

10. 1700 m



Acceleration (Donovan Bailey)



1. Donovan Bailey: 10.2 m/s, Michael Johnson: 10.4 m/s, 9.2 m/s

2. 4.2 m

3. 100 m

4. 5.5 m/s

5. 1.52 s

6. 9.3 m/s

7. 3.8 m, 17 m/s

8. a) 4.8 m b) 120 m c) 390 m d) 950 m

9. 15 m

10. 1350 m

11. a) 15 s b) 42.7 m c) 55 m/s



If you copied down different answers or I made a typo please tell me. I shall fix it as soon as I can so everyone can have the same answers!



3) We also went over the Relative Motion Worksheet. (Given to us on Friday). It actually seems pretty simple. Here are the answers:



Case 1: 135 km/h [E] OR +135 km/h

Case 2: a) 250 km/h [W] b) 250 km/h [E]

Case 3: a) 10 km/h [W] b) 10 km/h [E] c) 70 km/h [W]



As we were going over this we learned how to find relative motion in 2D. Remember how to add vectors and trigonometry via grade 11 physics? Well it's exactly like that. Here's a wonderful picture trying to explain it:





What is relative motion you might ask? I found a few sites that might help you if you're having trouble understand what it is. Please click here, here, and here. (I recommend the third one =D)


For homework there was a worksheet that Ms. K handed out about relative motion. Do questons 34-42. Well at least I THINK it's for homework. =)


Well that's all I think. If I missed anything, leave a comment k ;)


OH YEAH! We have a test on Thursday about this stuff. Study hard mon amis.


The next scribe is Jamie .

2 comments:

Ms K said...

Awesome first post. I really liked the relative motion sites.

Super Fantastic Whatever said...

We were supposed to hand something in...?